Design Project Manager
Honda Innovations is looking for a motivated and collaborative Design Project Manager for the Honda Innovations Design Group. As part of the Honda Innovations Design Group you will collaborate with internal and external teams in Honda’s organization, as well as outside vendors and companies, to create new and exciting products and experiences. As a Design Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing project plans, tracking project milestones and deliverables, cross-team communication, and preparing status reports to ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects, ensuring adherence to budget, schedule and scope
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems before they occur
- Prepare status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Negotiate with stakeholders when scheduling conflicts arise
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of teams
- Establish and maintain relationship with third parties/vendors
- Act as a conduit of information between the Design Group and other teams within Honda
- 5+ years of project management experience, preferably in automotive or consumer-facing products.
- 3+ years of experience in an agile, iterative software development environment (SDLC).
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you’ll be collaborating heavily with multiple departments within Honda. Clear, actionable, and concise communication is key.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with competing priorities.
- Japanese language ability is a plus.
You must be a quick learner, self-starter, and not afraid to ask questions when needed.
Please apply here.
Candidates must have the legal right to work for Honda R&D in the United States.